Primal Vegetable Recipes

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Bored with Breakfast?

I admit it, eating eggs for breakfast everyday is boring. Even if I make them in omelets, scrambled, boiled, or in a frittata, with bacon or sausage, they still taste the same overall and I just can't eat them every morning. 

So I was very curious to try this recipe for Chocolate Breakfast Souffle with almond butter sauce when I came across it this morning.  Since I hadn't eaten breakfast and  had all the ingredients (including a ripe banana), I got busy and made this. It took less than 25 minutes start to finish.

First bite, hmmm, it's not bad. By the end, I was scraping the bottom of the dish to get every tasty bit. I hope these will be good cold, or maybe rewarmed for Nic's breakfast tomorrow. He will be happy!

Since this is not a recipe I invented, please go to the website of the original for the ingredients and directions.

To the left,
the four ramekins
are sitting on the pan
just out of the oven.
(I used 6 oz ramekins
bought at Target
last month for $2 each.)
You can bake the souffle
in a pie pan too.
 
 
Since this was so good, I will probably try some of the variations: Breakfast Fruit Souffle and Gingerbread Breakfast Souffle.
 
Thanks to Kelly at Primally Inspired for these recipes.


No comments: